It is a
student-friendly thermodynamic book
written in a
simple and easy to understand style
· With the help of this book, even an absolute beginner to
thermodynamics could learn thermodynamics on his/her own.
· This book is an outcome of my experience in teaching
thermodynamics for nearly two decades to absolute beginners to
· Important concepts in thermodynamics are introduced as a
conversation between the teacher and the student (see chapter 1, chapter 7,
Chapter 12 or chapter 13).
· Some applications of thermodynamics included in this book
are as realistic as jet engines and the combined power plants (see chapter
· Worked examples included in this book are an excellent
collection, which tell very clearly in a step-by-step fashion what are the
tools needed to solve thermodynamic problems and to use them
· The book is written in simple and easy to understand
English, having in mind the students who have followed their education to the
University level in their mother tongues, as is the case in Sri Lanka.
pairs of eyes
while I taught
the Laws of